A care manager is a professional, such as a social worker, counselor, nurse, or gerontologist who specializes in assisting older people and their families to attain the highest quality of life given their circumstances.
How Can a Care Manager Help You?
- Conduct care planning assessments to identify problems, and provide solutions.
- Screen, arrange, and monitor in-home help or other services.
- Review financial, legal, or medical issues and offer referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems while conserving financial resources.
- Provide crisis management.
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance, overseeing care and quickly alerting families to problems.
- Assist with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, assisted care home, or nursing home.
- Provide consumer education and advocacy.
- Offer counseling and support.
Care Managers have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of resources in their community. One call to a Care Manager will connect you to the appropriate services.