Caregiving in its many forms can create family conflict and many feelings such as guilt, worry, and jealousy among siblings. Counseling is always a part of assessment and ongoing care management. Our care managers are trained in the art of assisting families to mediate the situation and come to a consensus that includes what is best for all concerned. While the frail elderly person or disabled person is the focus of our concern and is considered our primary client, the social worker perspective that our form of care management follows includes the entire family and our solutions include the needs of the family and others affected by the client’s situation.
Some of the issues tackled by our counseling team include:
- Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from many causes:
- Spousal abuse – current and former survivors
- Military veterans’ experiences
- Multiple losses such as the loss of adult children, close relatives, or even the loss of the role as spouse or parent due to debilitating illness such as Alzheimer’s.
- Financial difficulties, budgeting problems, frustration with the social services system
- Adult survivors of child abuse