Independent Care Solutions is a private care management company, providing complete and individualized planning and management of care for the elder and chronically disabled and their family, while utilizing professional experience and skills. It is the mission of Independent Care Solutions to maintain quality of life for caregivers as well as persons needing care. Using an interdisciplinary approach, we do what the family would do if they had the time and expertise.
In addition, Independent Care Solutions was established to help the countless families who are struggling with life changing decisions and in need of a professional lifeline. Our professional certified care managers allow families to experience increased reward in the caregiving process by balancing psychosocial and medical needs.
Whether you live in the same city, or across the country, Independent Care Solutions is your best resource to maximize the quality of care for your parent, disabled family member, friend, or neighbor.
Become a daughter or son again. Leave the care management to us.
We’ll lead you through, no matter the challenge!
Debra J. Roidl
Owner and President of, Independent Care Solutions, Debra is a Certified Care Manager. She is also a Licensed Independent Social Worker in the State of Ohio and a Licensed Masters Social Worker in Michigan. She received her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Kansas in 1987 and her BA in Psychology from Wichita State University in 1979. With over 20 years of social work experience, Debra has created a niche for herself in the field of gerontology. Her passion for serving the aged population has led her to become adept at many intervention and communication techniques, including Validation Therapy and the Reality Comprehension Clock Test.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Licensed Independent Social Worker, Ohio 1995
- Licensed Master’s Social Worker, Michigan 1995
- Care Manager, Certified; NACCM designation 2001
- Financial Para-planner Certificate 2001
Education and Training:
- Master of Social Work, University of Kansas
- 1987 (Clinical specialty)
- Bachelor of Arts, Wichita State University
- 1979 (Psychology major)
- College for Financial Planning, Denver, Colorado
Memberships and Honors:
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers
- Lutheran Social Services of Northwest Ohio, past Board Member
- Maumee Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association, past Board Member
- Member since 1995 President 2004-2005
- American Society on Aging
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Council on Aging
- University of Toledo Social Work Department Advisory Board – 2011 President